What a privilege I had today to be involved in this event. Taking pictures of all these beautiful children....I am awe inspired. Not only by them, but by their families as well.
I'll admit (and I told Natalie as much)....when she gave birth to Boston last January and found out he had Down Syndrome, I was devastated. She was already going through so much with her life. But I'll tell you what....she has been an inspiration to me. She has NEVER looked at Boston as an hinderance. She has always felt so blessed to have him in her life. She has that NAT ATTITUDE I wish I possessed. I'm more than a little embarrassed....but thankful at how much Nat has taught me....thank-you.
This feeling was even more convincing to me today. Not just by Nat, but by each and every family that attended the Buddy Walk. I am honestly at a loss for words. All that I can say is that it was beautiful....and an honor to be involved.
Natalie asked me if I would be the official picture taker for the event. Aaaaahhh Nat....that gives me major anxiety!! Well I did it and the pics below are some of my favs. Hopefully the director will think they are decent enough as well....I'm still practicing :)









1 comments:
Carly,
Hi, I'm Mindy. You don't know me, but the Flamms showed us the beautiful picture you took of my daughter Emily and my husband Steve from the Buddy Walk. You are such a talented photographer! I remember you snapping a few pictures that day, and hoped that we'd be able to see how they turned out.
Thanks so much for sharing all of these photos, and for your kind words. It's okay that you felt devastated for your friend when you found out about her son - don't be embarrassed about it. We found out that Emily would have DS while I was still pregnant, and I was completely overwhelmed. I was nervous to have a fourth TYPICAL baby, and I felt totally inadequate and humbled by the prospect of having a child with special needs. My visiting teacher came over the next day, gave me a big hug, and said "You're so lucky." I'll readily admit that at the time I could hardly agree with her, but now, after having my beautiful daughter for four years, I feel like the luckiest mother in the world.
I've browsed your blog a bit - hope that's okay! You are beautiful, and your boys are all heartbreakers! Looks like you have a life filled with many good things. Anyway, thanks again for sharing the pictures. I hope our paths cross again in the future!
Mindy Caldwell
Post a Comment