So I play soccer at least 3 times a week. I play on two coed teams and a one women's team. I love soccer! It's wonderful for frustration elimination. The bonus is that it is GREAT exercise. I started playing about 3 years ago. I'm not the best technical player, but I can keep up physically. I can definitely hold my own with the men I play against in coed. I rarely, if ever, back down to a man.
So anyway......I can honestly only think of one or two times I've had to come off the field because of an injury. The one that sticks in my mind is when I was kicked with the ball directly in my upper gut region. I got the wind knocked out of me, it was beyond painful. And yes I started to cry. But I WILL NEVER lay on the field and wait it out. I get off my butt, walk to the box, and deal with the pain then.
Last night I was playing on my coed team (Bells and Whistles). We are a pretty solid team. The team we were playing against was more than solid. The guys were beyond good. Two of their guys had played for Weber State at one time. Anyway.....they shouldn't be playing on a lower level league. But whatever.......the picture above is my souvenir from last nights game.
I totally got my ankles kicked out from under me. YES I cried, but NO I didn't linger on the field. I got my butt up and let one of the guys from my team carry me off. Then I cried more in the box. I'm not gonna have everyone looking at me when I writhing in pain.
O.K. here's the real reason for this post.......I will cry even more if there is something seriously wrong with my ankle. I'm a little worried that there might very well be. I can't be out. Not even for a week. Let's all cross our fingers!!!!! I would go into to total withdrawal without my soccer.
One would think that I have enough soccer already with all of my boys playing.......believe me I don't, I love it!
Engagement Pics....
13 years ago





0 comments:
Post a Comment