

Our family celebrated a wonderful night dedicated to my grandfather Don S. Brimhall. He is being honored as North Ogden City's 2008 Cherry Day's Grand Marshall. Personally I think that is AWESOME!!!! There is no one I know that is more deserving than him. He has always been a wonderful example to me, and I love him dearly.
A dinner and reception was held at the North Ogden Senior Center to pay tribute to my grandpa and all the Veterans living and from the city of North Ogden. Wow, what a diverse crowd. I was seated next to a guy I went to high school with that was enlisted for 9 years in the Army. I felt very honored to be there, not only for my grandpa, but for the rest of the veterans as well.
My uncle Dar gave an amazing speech that outlined my grandpas service through-out WWII, Korean War and the Green Beret. It still amazes me everything that he went through during his military years. He received numerous awards and recognitions though-out his service.
Next week, on the 4th of July, he will be in the Cherry Days Parade. I will most likely post some pics of that. It was a wonderful night, but was overshadowed by other family problems. My hopes and prayers go out to certain members of my family that are in dire need of help right now.
These 2 pics were taken at the reception/dinner. Check-out my grandpa, 91 years old and still going strong.
Engagement Pics....
13 years ago





0 comments:
Post a Comment