My New Blog

Friday, August 1, 2008

My Independance day.....

I have a profound knack to underestimate myself. But sometimes doing something out of ones comfort zone allows for growth. So Wednesday of this week I did just that. I decided that I would load up my kidlets and travel up to Morgan. Morgan County Fairgrounds that is. Ellie and her bandwagon were going up there for the MX races. Her 7 year old was racing and her Hubby was a sponsor at the event. So I thought what the heck, why don't I take my 7 year old up there to race as well!!!!

It's never that easy to just pick-up and do something like that. My husband was at scout camp with my oldest. So how would I manage the whole operation?????

Well let me tell ya, I did........It began with borrowing a hitch from Ellie. Next came the snack trip to Wal-Mart. Followed by taking a 4 bike (bike rack) off the back of my Denali. It was mega heavy. Then unloading 3 MX bikes from my husbands bike trailer, leaving only my 7 years olds bike. Then hooking-up my Denali to the bike trailer and then backing it out of the driveway. Next came the realization that I needed fuel. So I proceeded to a gas station with trailer in tow to get gas. Finally traveling to Morgan with 2 of my boys headed to the MX races!!! My other boy went with his Nannie and Papa to soccer practice etc.

Anyway I DID IT!!!!! I unloaded and loaded my boys bike. I went with him to the start of every practice and race. I was in the arena during the races to make sure he was doing o.k. ect. I was the man (so to speak). I definitely had a little help from Ellie's husband, but honestly it was mostly me. (thanks Kent)

My boy took 3rd place overall. He did awesome. He was very consistent each practice and race. I was proud of him, myself included. Ellie's boy was super impressive. He is quite the little jumper. Those 2 boys are great friends just like their mothers (LOL) Anyway I took some picks to document my experience. They have races next week, hmmmmmmmm







1 comments:

RichKids said...

WAY TO GO, BABY!!!! You're amazin'!