My New Blog

Monday, August 3, 2009

Finally....

Ok.....one would think that if you grew up with a pool in your backyard then you would be an avid swimmer. NOPE!!!!  Not one of my boys has been very adaptive to water....at least in the beginning.  They get that from their dad....definitely not from me.  I love to swim and have always loved the water.  I was even a lifeguard back in the day.  I'm pretty sure their dad didn't even take swimming lessons.....but he can do a mean doggie paddle LOL!! 

Anyway....it's taken just over 5 years for my youngest to decide to attempt the DEEP END along with the SLIDE and DIVING BOARD.  It's funny what a little peer pressure will do.  We had my friend Tiffiny and her kids over to swim the other day.  Her little 5 year old was jumping, sliding, dunking etc.  Well that's all it took....the pics above tell the rest. 

NOW my youngest wants to swim daily....which is fine by me.  BUT he also insists that I go down the slide and off the diving board as well.  Uuuuummmmm I'm more of a lay by the pool with a cold drink and a good book kind of mom.....but I guess I'll have to give in occasionally :)

So to complete my story....my 3 older boys have turned into awesome little swimmers....and my baby is well on his way.

0 comments: